My Italian mother-in-law makes great Carbonara with bacon and mushrooms. I make an easier and healthier version with turkey and zucchini noodles!
(Makes 4 servings)
- 4 medium zucchini (use the smallest holes blade to make thin noodles)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices turkey breast, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cooking oil (olive oil or canola oil…your choice)
How to make:
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and ¾ cup of the parmesan cheese, and then set aside.
- In a large pan, cook garlic, onion, mushrooms, and turkey. Add sea salt and pepper for taste.
- Warm up zucchini noodle in microwave for 3 minutes. Add to the pan and quickly mix zucchini noodle with 2. Turn off the heat.
- Add 1 and quickly toss to coat everything evenly.
- Serve immediately with remaining parmesan cheese and enjoy!