This is a perfect snack for before and after physical activities. You can add pretty much anything to make these balls more nutritious. For nut free options, use only seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, amaranth seeds…) instead of almonds and peanut butter (you can use any seed butter or tahini).
- ½ cup Fermented almonds
- ¼ cup Fermented pumpkin seeds (How to ferment Nuts and Seeds?)
- 1 ½ cup Pitted dates (approx. 30 dates)
- ½ cup Natural peanut butter (for nut free options: tahini or any kind of seed butter)
- 1 tbsp Raw honey
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds (I like to mix 3 different seeds but you can also choose one)
- 1 tbsp Ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp Hemp seeds
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips (option)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (for coating)
How to make:
- Ferment almonds and pumpkin seeds overnight (How to ferment Nuts and Seeds?)
- Use a food processor to mix everything except for chocolate chips.
- Add chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Form small balls and roll into shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate overnight.